Modified White Gloves Solution for 3rd Party Packed Storage Devices
Companies such as EMC have very strict policies regarding who is able to disconnect and reconnect their equipment if is still under warranty. Failing to adhere to their policies generally results in invalidated warranties.
Silverback always has our customers best interests in mind, and as such we have a modified option to move these types of devices.
In an effort to provide the highest level of service, while maintaining your warranty(ies), Silverback recommends the following:
- Contact the appropriate manufacturer representative (or reseller) and inform them you are planning to move these devices.
- Work with your manufacturer and/or reseller to identify the appropriate, approved solution for your environment and move plans.
- Silverback will work with you to fill in any gaps left by the manufacturer’s solution.
For example, in our experience, EMC prefers the following solution:
- EMC will provide a Service Contract for the graceful shutdown, de-cabling, de-racking, packing, un-packing, re-racking, re-cabling and powering up of EMC devices only.
EMC does NOT typically provide:
- Moving equipment from a data center to the shipping/receiving/loading dock
- Transit of equipment between facilities
- Insurance for transit between facilities
- Moving equipment from the shipping/receiving/loading dock to the data center
Silverback’s White Gloves Solution incorporates all of the tasks EMC does not provide into our solution so you can still rest easy knowing your equipment will be transported safely, data center to data center without hiccup or delay