Migrating your data center can drive down your costs, increase your efficiency, and position your organization to capitalize on the next great opportunity.
If not thoughtfully planned and executed, data center migrations exceed budget, stretch out beyond the scheduled time, and / or result in unscheduled business disruption.
That’s why it makes sense to hire professionals to assist you.
Silverback Data Center Solutions delivers world-class performance, reliability, and results with data center migration services. We offer focused expertise, experience, methodology and tools for ensuring success when relocating your data center.
Contact us today for a free consultation
regarding data center migration services.
No matter the equipment, where it is lives, or where it’s moving, Silverback has your back.
You can trust our data center relocation methodology. We employ field-tested processes, techniques and tools developed throughout our 15 years in the business and thousands of migration projects. We can also pair migration with our professional data center auditing services, to ensure we know exactly what is moving where, in what order, how the network is cabled, and how to recommission your equipment at the new location.
Fully Customizable Data Center Relocations
- Evaluation, documentation, and planning
- Project management
- Professional de-installation and packing
- Certified shipping in our specialized equipment crates
- Complete chain of custody to protect your gear and data
- Land or air freight
- Receiving and inventory validation
- Professional installation and re-cabling
- Access configuration
Benefits of the Silverback Methodology
- Our professional project managers and methodologies deliver contingency planning and risk management to ensure on-time and on-budget performance.
- Adding our expert help means your network engineers and administrators focus on keeping your operations running smoothly.
- Protect your assets and reduce your risk with our specialized equipment crates and comprehensive insurance.
- Get moved faster—we’re efficient because we’re experienced experts.
- Avoid the financial, legal, and reputational costs from unscheduled downtime.
- Protect your valuable equipment with our specialized transportation logistics.
Download Our Move Timeline Infographic
Download our move timeline infographic to start mapping out the phases of relocating your data center.
Data center move planning is a long process. It will take up the vast majority of your project’s effort and schedule, as it should.
On top of the logistics to solve, every data center migration must navigate the organization’s business processes and politics.
When you start actually moving your data center—packing servers into crates and loading them onto trucks—you want to encounter as few surprises as possible. That’s only possible by taking the time upfront to plan.
And remember, we’re always available to help.
Given the complexity of relocating your data center and the stakes involved, it makes sense to engage the help of a professional data center relocation firm to handle your high-value assets and sensitive data. Each data center migration project is unique. However, they all share many of the same driving forces. Do any of these forces below sound familiar to your organization?
- Operational excellence: Organizations are looking for lower cost, or better cost efficiency, in their data center operations. This can come from lower energy costs, equipment modernization and consolidation, and virtualizing servers.
- Mergers and acquisitions: According to the Institute of Mergers, Acquisitions and Alliances, mergers and acquisitions in North America topped $2 trillion and 18,000+ transactions in 2017. In today’s digital economy, all those deals likely included consolidating and migrating data centers.
- Changing technology strategies: Organizations riding the seemingly endless digital transformations such as Big Data and cloud computing need to migrate their data center operations to capitalize on the competitive advantages offered by developments such as hyperscale data centers, software-as-a-service business models, and the Internet of Things.
- Security and compliance: Repeated security and privacy breaches of corporate, consumer, and election data are fueling the demand for greater security. Organizations that fall out of compliance risk losing their customers, funding, or even license to operate. Regulated organizations are moving their data centers to facilities that are better designed to support increased security and privacy.
Consult with a Data Center Migration Specialist Today
Contact us today if you have questions about transforming your data center, or you’re ready to start planning your move. Our expert, professional staff are happy to share their knowledge with you to ensure a smooth relocation process.