Thanks to digitization and online services, personal information representing customer health, finance, buying, and media choices ultimately resides in storage media housed in data centers.
Numerous laws, most notably the General Data Protection Rule (GDPR) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), require service providers to keep this customer data private and secure.
Unfortunately, sensitive and personally-identifiable data is found on up to 40 percent of discarded storage devices.
Data disposal in compliance with regulations is a critical part of safeguarding information and maintaining trust in IT systems.
Contact us today for a free consultation
regarding data destruction services
Trust your data to us. Even the NSA approves of our methods of destruction.
Silverback’s experienced technicians provide onsite or offsite data destruction services to help clients mitigate the liabilities associated with data privacy and disposal.
Our process complies with multiple data destruction standards, regulations and protocols.
We help you implement your organization’s data destruction policy and procedures with either on-demand disposal or data destruction as a service.
Silverback’s Data Disposal Process
- Scan media asset information for reporting and certification purposes.
- Erase all magnetic media through degaussing.
- Physically crush hard drives and solid-state media.
- Send degaussed tape media off-site for destruction by shredding or incineration.
- Provide Certificate of Data Erasure and Destruction plus detailed report of all items destroyed, including serial numbers.
- Recycle data-free media as appropriate.
Benefits of Silverback Data Destruction Services
- Avoid legal, financial, and reputational risks of data breaches or being out-of-compliance.
- Choose from convenient on-site or off-site data destruction.
- We document full chain of custody verification.
Regulation of digital data privacy and security began in the 1970s with Fair Information Practice developed by the US government. Today, data center leaders must meet multiple security and privacy standards.
Silverback’s data destruction services comply with all common data disposal standards, including:
- Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA)
- Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA)
- Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH)
- Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACTA)
- PCI (Payment Card Industry)
- General Data Protection Rule (GDPR)
- State Data Privacy Laws
- State Data Disposal Laws
Consult with a Data Destruction Specialist Today
Contact us today if you have questions about secure data destruction methods, or you’re ready to start disposing of storage media. Our expert, professional staff are happy to share their knowledge to keep your organization secure and compliant.